Beer Can Truck

Started: 01 April 2006
Finished: 22 April 2006

Page 2 of 3

08 April 2006:
I glued the leaf spring assemblies below the chassis.
Next, I had to decide on what I should use for the whels and tires. Since this was a truck utilizing as much Efes Pilsen materials as possible, I gave up the idea of using wheels and tires from my parts box, and went on to manufacturing them from bottle caps. I made a press die set for the wheel center effects. For the fronts, I made a convex stamping and for the rears, a concave one.
Now the fuel tank is glued to the chassis.
For the differential casing, I made two stampings from the can aluminum like the photo, and trimmed.
Parts to form the rear axle and differential. 
The rear axle assembly.
Then I drilled one pair of "rear wheels" for the axle, and fixed the rear double wheels on the axle by kneaded steel putty between the wheels.
I also prepared the front axle with kneaded steel putty and steel wire, and with the wheels posed slightly to the left.
Then I glued the front and rear axle assemblies to the leaf springs and got the "rolling" chassis...
For the air tanks, I prepared the domes by forming the beer can metal and some plastic tubing for the body.
10 April 2006:
I manufactured the air tanks assembly by making two mounting brackets and glued them on the chassis too. I also made the spare wheel and the hanging bracket as in the photo. 
I tailored, bent and installed the ladder steps between the bumper and the mudguard.
I made the mirrors from the can aluminum as in the photo. The mirror itself is a separate piece from a bright polished beer can. You can see the reflection of my fingers holding the camera...
Then I glued the mirrors on the cab.
I made the drive shafts from steel rods with formed and glued joint ends from the beer can.
11 April 2006:
I manufactured the rear mudguards. 
Then I glued in the driveshafts.
I fixed the rear mudguards to the chassis by brackets made from steel nails, with epoxy glue.